Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wow! This past week has been full of anxiety for mom. Of course all this happened just after going to another therapist appointment where she wants me to start working on relaxation techniques. Ha! It started with my husband being sent to Mexico on Monday (April 27) with all this Swine Flu talk. OMG! He wasn't going near the "outbreak" so his company said it was okay to go. Once he got there they that they shouldn't have sent him. I was so worried he wouldn't get home with all the talk about closing the border. He did finally come home on Wednesday night but we weren't finished. Get this...he wasn't allowed to go to work!! So he worked from home until this Monday (May 4th)!! In the meantime, we were "watching" for symptoms. Everything turned out fine and he went back to work but boy was that all stressful.

To top it off I found out that on Tuesday that Alex was carried out of gym class by the principal. So, that resulted in him loosing his Wii privileges until Friday. His teacher started using sticks in the classroom (not to spank him with but to take away when he is bad). So far since mid-week last week he has only had one taken away. They used a similar method at his previous school.
His behavior at school totally amazes me because I picked him up for a dentist appointment on Wednesday and he was the best EVER at the dentist. He also did really well at piano lessons that day. Not sure what is going on at school.

I just read through a study about depression and anxiety in families with children on the Autism Spectrum. That is so ironic don't you think? Anyway, I found it interesting too that mothers responded to the survey 10 to 1 over the fathers. Seems like most of the stress of raising a child with Autism falls on the mother. I'm also reading a book called "The Explosive Child". I'm about halfway through and can see Alex a lot in this book. I'm hoping it will give some help to the team at school when we meet next week to work on his detailed plan. We are meeting for 4 hours!!! After that I head to a therapy appointment - I'm sure I'll need it!

Simone has been doing awesome at her swim team practices. I am sooooo proud of her. She is fast and often passes other kids. Alex has had one track club practice and it was really cute to watch. I hope his practice goes well tonight although it looks like we will be practicing indoors.

I have been enjoying our patio and deck and reading a lot. One thing I haven't done a lot of lately is scrapbooking. I need to work on that but something is holding me back....hmmm??? My goal for May is to get that done!

No comments:

Post a Comment